"It is in the wild places, where the edge of the earth meets the corners of the sky, the human spirit is fed." Art Wolf


Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Deserts. Just Deserts. And a Lark Dog.

We have made it back to Tucson and are parked for a week at the fairgrounds while we visit friends and check out sites in the area.  After getting a new battery put into the RV, the intermittent difficulties starting seem to have been resolved.   The drive across Arizona toward Tucson began to get a little blustery only in the last 30-45 minutes of driving.   I watched a pile of tumbleweeds move  across the interstate to block off the right lane in front of me.  Luckily I was able to move around it on the left lane before it completed its attack on us.  

I thought I would post these Arizona desert pictures that have shown up in the camera since California and make way for some new pictures this week.   For those of you that have been out to the western deserts these pictures may just be repetitious.  For those folks that have not been out in the desert, these just give you more glimpses into the different landscapes out here.

Every time I look off at the mountains, I am reminded that not all mountains have trees.....   That growing up in the midwest thing is hard to shake.






















1 comment: