"It is in the wild places, where the edge of the earth meets the corners of the sky, the human spirit is fed." Art Wolf


Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Some of this. Some of that.

Pictures of this and that.

There are daily dog walking routine which I refer to as part of my health care plan.  Remi and Audrey just call them fun.  I usually don't take pictures of walks.

Then there are late afternoon paddle opportunities. This one was last Friday when Claudia got to try out a Hornbeck on Orange Lake.     Claudia and Liz






Then Saturday Liz left her Hornbeck and her rig behind to travel south with a friend to go out sailing.

Claudia and I headed down the road to check out the historic town of Micanopy. Old Florida with old houses, small sandwich shops and antique stores...... Lunch was tasty and the group of motorcyclists lined up on the street was interesting, too.   A bunch of riders of a certain gray haired generation. About four couples were getting settled on their "tykes" while two women in the middle swung their legs over their regular motor cycles.   (I still agree with Sharon's children who thanked her for trading her cycle in for a tyke....They love their mother.)

On the drive down to Micanopy Claudia and I stopped to visit the Pet Cemetery just because.   Well mostly because I like this sculpture that sits out by the road.



I think the horse out front was the only horse there but we found lots of kitties, dogs, a few birds, rabbits and even a turtle. 




This one made me think of Stuart dog......"Squirrel!"


On Monday it was time for a hike and Liz and I headed off to visit a nearby State Park known for its Azalea blooms.


The park dates back to the public works era of 1933.....can you tell by the stone work?




A nice idea except I only found a total of four different numbers along any of the trails.  Luckily the park is not that large. Someone would have tripped over my body.  I was not counting on Lassie, I mean Audrey, in getting help.






Old stones stairs.....



Audrey hiking the trail like a real dog.






Then on another day there were more kayaking opportunities. This time Brenda came over on Tuesday with Irmi and Steve to take out the Sea Eagle and remember how it handled.   



While Steve and Irmi got to practice again in their new Kayak.  We all agreed that the breezes did kick up a bit more than we would have liked but it was all for the good.  



And then Wednesday there was a chance to drive over to Cedar Keys on the Gulf to check out campgrounds and anything else that seemed interesting. A restaurant  serving fresh fish?  Yes, that was very interesting!

Future paddling possibilities.





A sign in the restaurant.




Then there were Pelican ballerinas  




And sometimes I just stay home and read a book......


No comments:

Post a Comment